Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Michael Powell Christmas Cards

The Christmas range from Michael Powel has beautiful imagery and really was a pleasure to work with. These cards have proved very popular with everyone who has seen them. The card kits were very popular as there was just so much extra you could use in them.

So here we go :)
This card was made up using the picture on the front cover of a Michael Powell card kit. I just popped it into an aperture card and glittered it up. The greeting was an excess image that was left in the paper after all the decoupage was popped out..
 
These cute little houses were also cut out from the excess of the Michael Powell kit. I just covered a square card with blue paper and then tore light white card into strips. Don't worry about the rough edges as they get covered with glitter to create the snowy look on the hills. Just a strip of double sided tape along the white strips of card (near the end) will stick this to the card. That way the top part of the paper strip is free for you to slot your images in. Then the glitter glue will bind them to the card. Start with the highest layer first and then work your way downwards. I work with long strips so I can play with the hills to make it all look good. Anything that hangs over the side or the bottom of the card gets cut off later :) Once the layers are on slot in your images. Your last thing to do is to add the glitter glue as snow and then DON'T TOUCH IT!!!!! Give it loads of time to dry and then your card is ready to go.

This has got to be one of my favorite techniques at Christmas as you can use any small images and cute little stickers.I actually made loads of these to sell for Christmas this year and sold them all. I sadly forgot to photograph them!
 
These are toppers just layered onto gold and made into mini cards.
For this card I stamped the Michael Powell image 4 times. I then cut them with the Xcut Postage Stamp dies working from largest to smallest. Its a bit fiddly getting it to look central but I think its worth the effort. They are just layered up with 3D foam and then matted onto black card to make it pop. A quick greeting, some gems and its done :)
 
So after working on the last card I was left with all the negative sections of the image I had cut out. I stamped the image in full one more time and then used the negative pieces and layered them up to make it look like your looking into a deep picture.I actually built a little box for the layered image to sit in to before I put the black front frame on so that the white sides were hidden but you really don't have to do that it was just me having a bit of a mess about and it worked out nicely!

I hope you like them all. Happy Crafting everyone.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete